- 12 oz chicken breast halves
- 2½ cup water
- 2 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into ½" cubes
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 tbsp dry chicken bouillon powder
- 10 oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 tbsp unsalted margarine
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 4 oz can drained sliced mushrooms
- Combine chicken and water in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken, reserving broth.
- Bone chicken, and cut meat into bite-size pieces; set aside.
- Add potatoes, celery, and bouillon powder to broth; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 – 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in mixed vegetables. Set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoon margarine in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons flour, stirring until smooth.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add skim milk; cook over med heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in poultry seasoning.
- Combine reserved chicken, vegetable mixture, white sauce, and mushrooms in a large bowl.
- Spoon into individual baking dishes that have been coated with PAM.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in buttermilk.
- Spoon biscuit dough into 6 portions over chicken mixture.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until biscuits are golden.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.