Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Yield: Makes 4 to 5 dozen bars
- 1 package dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 pint chicken stock
- 3 ½ cups unbleached flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup rye flour
- 2 cups cracked wheat or wheat germ
- ½ cup dry milk
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Beat egg with 1 tablespoon milk.
- Dissolve yeast in ¼ cup warm water.
- Add to chicken stock.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Add chicken stock mixture.
- Knead on a floured surface for about 3 minutes, working into a stiff dough.
- Roll out to a thickness of ¼ inch.
- Cut into bars or with a cookie cutter.
- Brush with egg/milk wash and place on cookie sheets.
- Bake in 300°F oven for about 45 minutes.
- Turn off heat and leave biscuits in oven overnight.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.