Contributed by PressureCookerRecipes Y-Group
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 3 carrots, large dice
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh sage
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lb egg noodles, frozen such as Reames brand
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons stock
- 1 lemon, juice of
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Sauté onion, celery and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add chicken, carrot, chicken stock, bay leaf, herbs and seasonings, and put pressure cooker lid on.
- Bring to low pressure for 10 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Use a natural release method.
- Remove pressure cooker lid when safe to do so.
- Broth should still be boiling and chicken should be starting to fall apart.
- Return pot to burner over medium-high heat, add frozen egg noodles, and cook until almost soft.
- When almost cooked, add cornstarch to chicken stock and stir to make a slurry.
- Add some of the slurry to the pot, stirring until it starts to thicken.
- Remove sprigs of fresh herbs.
- Add peas and chopped parsley for color and juice of 1 lemon.
- Stir and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.