- Makes 4 servings
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 4 chicken quarters
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup dry white wine, divided
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 bay leaf
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- ½ cup sour cream
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cook bacon and garlic in butter in large skillet over medium-low heat until bacon is partially cooked; discard garlic.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Stir in onion and cook until transparent.
- Add ¼ cup wine and cook a few minutes, stirring to loosen browned particles.
- Add mushrooms, parsley, chives, bay leaf, black pepper and broth. Cover and cook over low heat 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken and keep warm. Discard bay leaf.
- Blend flour with remaining ¼ cup wine. Stir into sauce and cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve chicken over hot rice.
- Top with sauce and dollops of sour cream. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.