Makes 6 servings.
- 2½ to 3 pounds frying chicken pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon marjoram
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- Season chicken with paprika, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Place in greased shallow 2½-quart baking dish, skin side up. Bake at 425 °F for 20 minutes. Push chicken to one side.
- Add eggplant, rice and onion.
- Combine tomatoes, oregano, marjoram and chicken broth in large saucepan; heat to boiling.
- Stir into rice mixture. Arrange chicken on rice.
- Cover and continue baking 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.