- 8 whole chicken breasts, split in half, skinned and boned
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. milk
- 1 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 3 c. dried bread crumbs
- 2 c. slivered almonds
- 1/2 tsp. tarragon, crushed
- 3/4 c. margarine
- 4 Tbsp. salad oil
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 1/4 c. lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. minced parsley
- lemon wedges and parsley for garnish
- Slightly flatten chicken breasts between two sheets of wax paper; set aside.
- In a blender combine eggs, flour, milk, lemon peel, pepper and 1 teaspoon salt. Blend until smooth.
- Place chicken in large, shallow baking dish. Pour batter over chicken and coat well. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Combine bread crumbs, almonds, tarragon and 1 teaspoon salt in large pan. Remove chicken from batter, draining well.
- Coat chicken evenly in bread mixture. Set aside on wax paper in a single layer.
- In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons margarine and 1 tablespoon oil until foamy.
- Add 4 pieces chicken and saute 5 minutes on each side. Place chicken on paper towel in a large
baking pan and place in a warm oven.
- Wipe out skillet with paper towels.
- Add more oil and margarine. Repeat until all chicken has been lightly browned.
- Then add chicken broth and lemon juice to skillet and heat to a simmer.
- Stir in 4 table-spoons margarine. (May be prepared in advance to this point.)
- Leave sauce in skillet and cover. Remove from heat and set aside.
- At serving time, heat sauce to boiling and season to taste. Stir in parsley.
- To serve, arrange chicken on serving platter.
- Spoon hot sauce over chicken. Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.