Description[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 12 fresh pita bread
- 6 Cups lettuce, shredded
- 6 boneless Chicken breasts, cooked, skinned and shredded
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1 Cup ripe olives, thinly sliced
- 6 California avocados, seeded, peeled and cubed
- Vinaigrette(recipe follows)
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- 1 Cup chicken broth
- ¼ Cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 Cups lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon-style mustard
- 1 each garlic clove, crushed
Directions[edit | edit source]
Just before serving, gently mix in avocado.
Divide sandwich stuffing into 12 equal portions and carefully spoon into pita bread.
Before serving, generously drizzle dressing over each stuffed half.
In a mixing bowl, whisk all ingredients together until well blended.