This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when i purchased the family collection from the Blanton estate in Heath, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ white onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup flour
- 9 ounce package frozen artichoke hearts
- ½ pound mushrooms quartered
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ½ cup raspberry vinegar
- ½ teaspoon tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until translucent.
- Meanwhile place chicken breast halves between two sheets of waxed paper and flatten.
- Dredge chicken in flour then shake off excess and sauté chicken eight minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Place artichokes hearts in colander and run cold water over them until they separate.
- Add artichoke hearts and mushrooms to skillet then increase heat and sauté for one minute.
- Stir in stock, vinegar and tarragon then boil mixture for five minutes.
- Stir in salt and pepper then return chicken to skillet.
- Reduce heat and simmer for five more minutes until sauce is syrupy.
- Accompany this dish with egg noodles tossed with chopped parsley.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.