Makes 6 servings.
- 2½ to 3 pounds frying chicken, cut up
- 3 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 x 14½- to 16-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 whole cloves
- 1½ tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small green pepper, cut into thin strips
- ⅓ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Mix flour, salt and black pepper. Roll chicken in flour mixture.
- Cook chicken in oil in large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, turning often, to brown all sides. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Cook onion and garlic in same skillet until onion is lightly browned; remove garlic.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, cloves and parsley; stir well.
- Return chicken to skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover with tight-fitting lid and simmer 45 minutes.
- Stir in green pepper and wine. Cover and cook 5 more minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and cloves.
- Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.