Makes 6 servings.
- 2½ to 3 pounds frying chicken, cut up
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 x 10¾-ounce can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup apple juice
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Season chicken pieces with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; brown on all sides.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Add onion to skillet and brown lightly.
- Stir in soup, juice, ginger and celery seed. Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- Add green pepper and soy sauce; cover and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.