Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup flour for dredging
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¾ lb (350 g) pearl onions, peeled but whole
- 8 ripe tomatoes
- 1 cup Greek cracked green olives, preferably pitted
- 1 – 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 200 g crumbled feta
- Season the flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, tapping off any excess.
- Heat the oil in a large, deep, wide skillet or Dutch oven over a high flame and brown the chicken pieces, turning on all sides to cook evenly.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Lower the heat and add the onions.
- Stir until wilted, about 8 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces back to the pot.
- Pour in the tomatoes, salt and pepper and enough water to come about three-quarters up the way of the chicken pieces.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 35 minutes.
- Add the olives and the vinegar.
- Sprinkle the feta into the pot, cover, and continue to cook slowly for another 10 – 15 minutes, or until the feta has melted and the chicken is so tender it is nearly falling off the bone.
- Remove and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.