Makes 4 servings. Serve over hot rice.
- 1½ to 2 pounds frying chicken, cut up
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- ⅔ cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1½ to 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ⅔ cup half and half
- 1 x 10-ounce package frozen green peas
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled, cored, and sliced (about 1 cup)
- flaked coconut (optional)
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Sprinkle chicken with salt; place chicken skin side up in greased shallow 2½-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 °F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels; discard all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- Add onion and cook until tender.
- Stir in flour and curry powder.
- Gradually add broth and half and half. Continue to cook, stirring, until sauce thickens.
- Pour over chicken; add peas and apples.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with bacon and with coconut, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.