This Moroccan chicken recipe mixes the spicy with a hint of fruity sweetness. trust me, once you sample it you'll want more! This recipe serves 4 to 6.
- 2 chickens, quartered
- 4 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 3 tablespoons fresh minced cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- pinch of saffron
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Firstly, mix the herbs and the lemon zest in a small bowl and set to one side.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and then add the chicken.
- Each piece of chicken has to be evenly covered with the seasoning for the desired effect.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat the grill, making sure it is on a high heat, and then put the chicken under it.
- Reduce the heat to medium after 5 minutes and the turn the chicken over every 2 minutes after that.
- Do this for about 15 minutes, or until evenly cooked.
- Reduce the heat to low and leave the chicken there for 10 minutes.
- Serve whilst piping hot with salad or couscous.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.