Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 large broiler/fryer, quartered
- 10 to 12 small white onions, peeled
- ½ pound whole mushrooms
- 1 tsp prepared minced garlic
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 10 to 12 small new potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 can chicken broth (10 oz)
- 1 cup burgundy wine
- 6 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- In skillet, brown chicken quarters on both sides and set aside.
- Place white onions, whole mushrooms, garlic and thyme in oblong slow cooker.
- Add chicken quarters, potatoes, chicken broth and a little salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- During last hour, turn heat to high add burgundy and continue cooking.
- Sprinkle crumbled bacon over chicken before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.