Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Source: 1,001 Recipes For People with Diabetes
- Serves: 6
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 ounces sliced fat-free Swiss cheese
- 3 ounces lean smoked ham
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- ⅓ cup unseasoned dry breadcrumbs
- vegetable cooking spray
- Pound chicken breasts with flat side of meat mallet until very thin and even in thickness.
- Layer cheese and ham on chicken breasts, cutting to fit.
- Roll up chicken and secure with toothpicks.
- Coat chicken rolls lightly with flour; dip in egg whites and coat in bread crumbs.
- Spray rolls generously with cooking spray and cook in skillet over medium heat until browned on all sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories: 210 | Protein: 34.6g | Sodium: 540mg | Cholesterol: 73.2mg | Fat: 3.9g | Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Exchanges: 4 Meat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.