Chicken Creole from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4
- 2 medium chicken breast halves, skinned, boned, cooked, and cut into 1-inch strips or cubes
- 1 x 14-oz. can tomatoes, diced or chopped
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1½ cups (2 medium) green pepper, chopped
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried basil, crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Using a deep skillet, sauté onion and garlic in vegetable oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.