- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 5 chicken legs with thigh
- 1 tsp of cumin seed
- garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion cut long wise
- 1 tbsp of ginger
- 1 small tomato cut in pieces
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp gram masala
- 1 tbsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1 tbsp hot red peppers
- Clean chicken with skin off and cut grove in the chicken.
- In a Dutch oven pot put oil in the pot (4 table spoon) add cumin, on medium heat.
- Wait for the cumin to splatter then put in onions, cook for 10 minutes, once that is done add in your garlic and ginger.
- Cook for 15 minutes or until all the ingredients are pretty much browned.
- Once that is done add in your tomato paste, and cut up tomato, turmeric, garam masala, and red hot peppers.
- Add about ½ glass of water.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then add in your chicken.
- Mix it well, cover it for about 30 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Make sure there is enough water remaining at the top.
- Make sure the curry is thick.
- If you need a little more water go ahead and add.
- Once that is done put in fresh coriander.
- Serve with rice or roti.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.