- 8 to 10 chicken drumsticks or chicken wings
- juice of 6 to 8 lemons
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ cups minced mixed fresh herbs, or ¾ cup mixed dried herbs
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for garnish
- 2 or 3 teaspoons garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 or 4 large mushrooms, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 6 cups hot cooked long-grain white rice (optional)
- Rinse and dry the chicken pieces.
- To make the marinade, thoroughly mix the olive oil, garlic salt, lemon juice, herbs, and salt in a large bowl.
- If you are using wings, cut them into mini drumsticks and flat portions.
- Put chicken pieces into the marinade, and stir well so that all the pieces are well coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours to marinate thoroughly.
- Preheat the oven to 400 °F/200 °C.
- Arrange the chicken pieces and marinade in a large baking dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and pour off the marinade.
- Return the chicken to the oven and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until well done and browned.
- As the chicken cooks, turn the pieces regularly so that they brown evenly.
- The outside of the chicken pieces should be crisp, and the inside soft and moist.
- Keep a close eye on the baking process.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.