- 3 chicken breasts
- ¼ onion (diced)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 12 oz grated colby or jack cheese
- vegetable oil
- 8 corn tortillas
Green Sauce Edit
- 10 tomatillos (quartered)
- ½ onion (diced)
- ½ cup mild green chiles or 4.5 oz can
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup water
- Boil chicken breasts until done and cube.
- In a large oiled pan, sauté chicken, spices, and onions until the onions are clear.
- Allow the chicken to cool and add cheese.
- In an oiled skillet, cook tortillas on each side until soft (approximately 10 seconds each side on medium high heat).
- Set the tortillas aside, stacking to prevent drying, until cool enough to touch.
- Place the chicken mixture in the center of each tortilla and roll.
- Place enchiladas in a 9 inch square dish and cover with green sauce.
- In a sauce pan, sauté onion and garlic until onions are clear.
- Add tomatillos, green chilies, paprika, water and bring to a boil.
- Add remaining ingredients, cover, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and pour into a blender.
- Blend the mixture until your desired texture is achieved.
- Please note; a finer mixture covers the enchiladas better and brings out more flavor.
- If you desire a hotter, more spicy sauce, add hot jalepeños when adding the tomatillos and green chilies.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.