- Serves 4
- 1 stewing hen, about 1½ kg (3 pounds)
- lightly salted water
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 2 tsp curry powder
- grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 dl whipping cream
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- Poach the hen in salted water about 90 minutes.
- Cool it.
- Cut the meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Melt the butter and stir in the flour.
- Gradually add the cooking liquid.
- Season with salt, pepper, curry powder, and orange rind.
- Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and simmer 5 minutes more.
- Stir in parsley.
- Serve the chicken in the sauce with boiled potatoes, peas, carrot cubes, and cauliflower.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.