Makes 6 servings.
- 2 pounds beef round steaks, cut ½-inch thick
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- 6 cups hot cooked rice
- Pound steak to ¼-inch thickness; cut into 6 pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; set aside. Combine milk and egg.
- Dredge steaks in seasoned flour. Dip coated steaks in egg wash then dredge again in flour.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Brown steaks in hot oil, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove steaks from pan; keep warm. Drain off all but ¼ cup of drippings.