Prep Time: 15mins approx
This recipe will make peppery, chicken goujons, which are both simple and delicious.
- 2-3 slices of white or 50/50 bread.
- One pack of raw chicken breast fillets
- Black pepper (you decide how much you use).
- One egg.
- 2-3 tbsp of plain flour.
- Put the bread through the food processor until the bread becomes breadcrumbs, and put in a bowl
- Crack the egg into a separate bowl and beat.
- Put the flour in another bowl and season with pepper and salt (if desired).
- Cut the chicken into strips about 2 cm wide.
- Dip the chicken into the flour, then the egg and finally the bread crumbs, make sure it is covered all over in breadcrumbs.
- Put the breaded goujon on a pre-greased baking tray.
- Cook in the oven at 180 degrees centrigrade, until golden brown, and the chicken juice runs clear.
- Finaly serve on a dish and enjoy!
- Add grated cheddar cheese into the breadcrumbs to make a cheesy variant
- Mix chopped rosemary with the breadcrumbs for an Italian theme.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.