Makes 6 servings.
- 2½ to 3 pounds frying chicken, cut up
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1½ cups hot chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 to 5 dashes hot pepper sauce
- ⅓ cup sliced stuffed green olives for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with paprika, garlic salt and celery salt.
- Bake in greased shallow 3-quart baking dish; skin side up, at 425 °F for 20 minutes.
- Push chicken to one side. Add rice, parsley, broth, lemon juice and pepper sauce; stir well.
- Arrange chicken pieces on rice.
- Cover and bake 30 minutes or until chicken is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with olives, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.