Makes 9 servings of 5 oz each
- 3 lb chicken breast, boneless
- 8 oz green pepper
- 8 oz tomato
- 8 oz onion (red, large)
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 10 garlic cloves
- 2 oz ginger root
- 2 oz green chili pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chile powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 8 oz butter solids
- bunch of cilantro
- Gather all ingredients
- Cut chicken in to 2 x 2 inch pieces.
- Dice 6 oz tomatoes, 6 oz onions and all green peppers into 1" pieces.
- Melt butter in a wok (or hotel pan - or other thin utensil)
- Finely cut 2 oz onions. Finely dice garlic cloves and make a paste
- Add chicken pieces, finely cut onions, cumin seeds, salt and garlic to butter and mix well
- Cover and let the chicken steam at medium heat. Stir occasionally.
- Finely chop remaining 2oz tomatoes.
- Cut ginger into julienne.
- Wash cilantro and separate leaves from stem.
- Remove cover. Add red chilies, turmeric powder, green chilies and finely chopped tomatoes.
- Mix well and let the chicken cook in this mixture at medium heat until almost all water has evaporated.
- Add julienne garlic when half the water has evaporated.
- Add diced green peppers, onions and tomatoes and mix.
- Turn off heat and add cilantro. Cover.
- Keep the cover in place for at least 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.