- 8 bamboo skewers (12 inch)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Heat grill. Soak bamboo skewers in water for about 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in small saucepan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, chili sauce, lime juice, salt, allspice, ginger, and cayenne. Remove from heat.
- Cut chicken breast half into ½ inch-wide length-wise strips (not cubes!!)
- Add spice mixture, toss to coat.
- Weave chicken strips onto skewers.
- When ready to grill, oil grill rack.
- Place kabobs on gas grill over medium heat or on charcoal grill 4 – 6 inches from medium coals. Cook 7 – 10 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once and brushing frequently with spice mixture.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.