This red-hot rice dish uses lots of chicken livers and chicken broth and is mixed with celery, green onions, mushrooms, and butter. You can pair this pilaf with other main meat dishes, while it commonly keeps an exotic, steamy aroma with the rice, broth, and real vegetables.
- 6 chopped chicken livers
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 x 4-ounce can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked rice, brown or white only
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- parsley, optional
- Cook chicken livers, celery, onions, and mushrooms in butter until tender crisp.
- Add rice, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Stir well.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff lightly with a fork. Pair this poultry-based pilaf with other main dishes, then garnish with the parsley, if desired.
Nutritional Information Edit
Servings: 3-4 tablespoons per plate