Makes 4 servings.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, cut in half
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ¾-inch cubes (½ pound)
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1 x 14½-ounce can peeled whole tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and paprika. Brown on both sides in butter in ovenproof skillet. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add eggplant, pepper, onion and garlic to same skillet; cook until tender crisp.
- Arrange chicken over vegetables. Add zucchini, tomatoes, thyme and pepper sauce. Cover and bake at 350 °F for 30 minutes.
- Serve with hot rice. Garnish with lemon, if desired.
- For added elegance, place rice in center of platter and arrange chicken around edge.
- Serve vegetables separately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.