- 2 cups fresh bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, such as thyme, tarragon, rosemary (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500 g. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup vinaigrette, or black olive paste
- oil for frying
- You can make bread crumbs at home by whirring the fresh bread in the food processor.
- Season with the herbs, if using, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the chicken breasts on a cutting board, and cut the chicken into strips about 2 inches long and ½ inch wide.
- Place the chicken in a bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the chicken pieces.
- With your hands, rub the vinaigrette into the chicken to make the crumbs stick to the chicken.
- Sprinkle the seasoned bread crumbs over the pieces and toss to coat.
- The coating won't be evenly distributed but it really doesn't matter.
- Heat enough oil just to cover the base of the pan over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the chicken pieces and sauté, without moving them, until the crumbs look golden, about 1 minute.
- With tongs, turn the pieces over and sauté the second side until golden, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue to sauté, turning the pieces frequently, until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes longer.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.