Serves 4-6 Hot Poultry Hors d'oeuvre Starter Pakistan Asia
- 450g/1 lb Boneless Chicken Breast
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 teasp garlic Paste
- 1 teasp ginger Paste
- 2 Green Chilies, ground
- 1\2 teasp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. Red chili powder
- 1 teasp salt
- 1 teasp Ground Coriander
- oil for deep frying
- For the Batter
- 200g/7oz Gram (Chickpea) flour
- 1 teasp salt
- 1 teasp chili powder
- 1 teasp coriander seeds, crushed
- 1 teasp garam masala
- 1 teasp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp Freshly chopped Coriander
- 300ml/10fl.oz. water (approx)
- Cut Chicken into bite sized pieces, place in a bowl and rub the with the lemon juice. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the garlic, ginger paste, salt, chili powder, turmeric, green chilies and ground coriander. Pour over the Chicken pieces and mix to coat well. Cover and set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Place the dry ingredients for the batter in a large mixing bowl and gradually add the water, beating to a smooth paste. The consistency should be like thick pancake batter. Leave aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil to 180C/350F.
- Dip a few pieces of Chicken into the batter to thoroughly coat, then using your fingers or tongs, carefully drop them into the hot oil. Fry for a few minutes, then turn them over and continue to fry for a further 5–8 minutes until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining Chicken pieces. Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.