Serves: 4, approx £0.75 per portion Preparation time: 5 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 250g penne pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 Bramley apples, quartered, cored and sliced
- 2 chicken breast fillets, finely sliced
- 4 tbsp pesto sauce
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the penne then cook for 10 - 12 minutes or according to packet instructions until tender.
- Whilst the pasta cooks, heat half the oil in a large frying pan, add the Bramley apple slices and sauté for 3 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan; add the chicken and sauté over a high heat for 4 minutes until pale golden.
- Drain the pasta in a large colander then return to the pan, add the chicken and apple mixture and pesto sauce, then toss well to mix. Spoon into bowls and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.