- Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb skinned and boned chicken breast, cubed
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ⅓ cup seedless raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 x 17-ounce can apricot halves (drain; reserve syrup)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry
- chicken broth
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in large skillet over medium heat until tender but not brown.
- Add chicken; cook 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in rice, raisins, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Mix apricot syrup, soy sauce and sherry with enough broth to make 2 cups; stir into rice mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stir once, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Add apricot halves; heat thoroughly.
- Toss lightly.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.