- 4 Tbls. butter
- 4 Tbls. flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked & cut into bite size pieces
- 1 cup cooked long-grain rice
- 1/4 lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbls. chopped parsley
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Add flour and cook one minute.
- Gradually stir in milk and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Fold in chicken, rice, mushrooms, peppers and parsley.
- Turn into a 2 qt. casserole pan.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.