Makes 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1½ pounds)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound fresh tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cut into ½-inch cubes
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 x 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- Heat oil in large skillet over high heat until hot. Add chicken; cook until brown on both sides. Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Reduce heat to low; add flour to oil left in skillet. Stir about 15 minutes or until brown, being careful not to burn. Add celery, onion and parsley; cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet; add tomatoes, pepper and tomato sauce. Cover and simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center. Serve over hot rice. Garnish as desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.