Adobo is considered the national dish of the Philippines. This dish consists of chunks of Chicken or Pork or both cooked in soy sauce, vinegar, bay leaf, lots of garlic and whole peppercorns. The stew is allowed to cook until the meats are tender and the remaining sauce slightly thickened. Some people prefer their adobos dry which may entail frying them afterwards, while others prefer them moist served in their original sauce. As a style of cooking, it can be applied to fowl, fish, shellfish and vegetables.
- Serves 4.
- ½ pound pork, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup vinegar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 whole bulb garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 cup minced onions
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- ½ pound chicken, cut into cubes
- Combine the pork, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, onions, pepper, bay leaves and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until the pork is moderately cooked.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 20 minutes.
See Also Edit
Filipino Chicken Pork Adobo Recipe http://www.pinoyrecipe.net/chicken-pork-adobo-recipe/