I make this recipe using the George Foreman grill. I simply grill the folded tortillas on the grill until the cheese is melted and they are lightly browned.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1½ cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup minced purple onion
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast
- 1 x 14½ ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes -- drained
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 8 x 8 inch fat-free flour tortillas
- ¾ cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey jack cheese
- butter flavored cooking spray
- fresh cilantro sprigs—optional
- Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add chopped pepper and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Add cumin, and cook 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add chicken and tomato; cook 3 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in minced cilantro, salt, and ground pepper.
- Place about ½ cup chicken mixture on half of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over turkeymixture on tortillas; fold tortillas in half.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add 2 filled tortillas; cook 30 seconds on each side or until lightly browned.
- Set aside, and keep warm.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 6 tortillas.
- Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.