Makes 6 servings
- 2½ to 3 pound chicken pieces
- 1 x 14½- to 16-ounce can tomatoes (about 2 cups), drained
- 1½ cups chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon rosemary leaves
- ¾ cup chopped onion
- ¾ cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- Place chicken, skin side up, in buttered shallow 2½-quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450 degrees 30 minutes or until browned.
- Combine tomatoes, broth, salt, pepper and rosemary in saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Remove chicken from oven. Top with onion, green pepper and rice.
- Add tomato mixture. Stir. Cover, reduce temperature to 350 °F, and bake 30 minutes longer or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.