Makes 6 servings
- 2 Chicken breasts, skinned, boned, and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup uncooked U.S. arborio or medium grain rice
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional grated Parmesan cheese for garnish (optional)
- Season Chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook in oil in large skillet until brown; remove and set aside.
- Cook Onion, carrots and celery in butter in same skillet over medium-high heat until tender crisp.
- Add rice; stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add wine; stir until absorbed.
- Stir in 1 cup stock.
- Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently, until stock is absorbed.
- Continue stirring and adding remaining 1 cup stock and 3 cups water, allowing each to be absorbed before adding another, until rice is tender and mixture has a creamy consistency.
- It will approximately 25 to 30 minutes.
- Stir in tomato, Cheese and reserved Chicken.
- Garnish with Cheese, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.