Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Submitted by: Jill Karlya via dLife
- Original recipe
- 4 Servings
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken
- ⅓ cup chopped cored apple, chopped seeded cucumber, or finely chopped celery
- 1 hard-cooked egg, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise or salad dressing
- salt and black pepper
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- Stir together the chicken, apple and egg in a medium-size bowl.
- Add yogurt and mayonnaise, stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately or cover and chill up to 4 hours.
- Spread chicken mixture on half of the bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread slices.
- If desired, cut away crusts.
- Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles or squares.
- Great to serve as finger sandwiches at a special luncheon.
Nutritional information Edit
- Calories 244 | Total Fat 9g | Saturated Fat 2g | Cholesterol 87mg | Sodium 432mg | Carbohydrate 26g | Sugar 12g | Fiber 4g | Protein 17g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.