Makes 6 servings.
- 2 to 2½ pounds frying chicken, cut up
- 1 tablespoon margerine melted and cooled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- pinch of black pepper and/or red/ cayenne pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ cup corsely chopped onion
- ½ cup sliced celery
- ½ cup well-drained canned tomatoes, quartered
- 1½ cups boiling chicken broth*
- ¼ cup sliced black olives (optional)
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Season chicken with garlic powder, celery seed, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange in lightly greased shallow 2½-quart baking dish, skin side up with melted margarine and olive oil
- Bake uncovered at 450 degrees 30 minutes. Remove from oven; push chicken to one side.
- Add rice, onion, celery, tomatoes and broth to pan; stir well.
- Arrange chicken over rice. Cover and continue baking 25 minutes or until rice and chicken are tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Sprinkle with and parsley and sliced black olives.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.