Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Makes 4 servings
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 small onion (4 ounces,120 g)) sliced thin
- 4 ounces (120 g) mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) low fat, low salt mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 ml) Dijon mustard
- 4 x 4-ounce (120 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 multi-grain crisp rolls, about 1 ounce (30 g) each, cut in half horizontally
- Preheat grill or broiler.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray.
- Sauté the onions and mushrooms over medium high heat until they are cooked through and begin to brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a small cup combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Set aside.
- Grill the chicken until done, about 5 minutes per side.
- Allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Heat the rolls on the grill just before assembling the sandwiches.
- To serve: place 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of the sauce on the bottom of each roll.
- Top with chicken slices, onions and mushrooms.
- Serve warm.
Nutritional information Edit
- 238 calories (16% calories from fat) | 30 g protein | 4 g total fat (1.5 g saturated fat) | 19 g carbohydrates | 2 g dietary fiber | 67 mg cholesterol | 272 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 3 very lean protein | 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch | 1 vegetable)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.