- 4 cups basic chicken broth or commercial chicken broth
- 2 quarter-sized pieces peeled ginger
- 2 medium cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded, deribbed, and finely chopped
- 6 basil leaves
- 3 scallions, trimmed to 5 inches, white and green parts cut separately lengthwise into hair-thin strips
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 small bunch cilantro, leaves only, finely chopped
- kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- cilantro leaves, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, bring the stock, ½ cup water, the ginger, garlic and jalapeño to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer, partially covered, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and scallion whites.
- Cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the scallion greens and cook just until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the lemon juice, chopped cilantro, salt and pepper.
- Warm through.
- Sprinkle each bowl with a few leaves of cilantro.
Contributed by Edit
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.