- 3 lbs chicken pieces
- adobo seasoning to taste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 8 ounces diced ham
- ½ cup sofrito
- 1½ cup diced tomato
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rub the chicken with the adobo seasoning.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the ham and sofrito over a medium flame for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and water and bring to a boil.
- Then add the chicken pieces, cinnamon, salt and pepper, and return to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low allowing the stew to simmer for and additional 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.