Makes 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon reduced calorie margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 x 14½-ounce can low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon low sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- ¾ cup non-fat sour cream
- 3 cups cooked rice (cooked without salt or fat)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- paprika for garnish
- Heat margarine over medium-high heat in Dutch oven; add onion.
- Cook 2 minutes or until translucent.
- Add chicken pieces, cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring until no longer pink.
- Add broth, mushrooms, wine, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Cook 4 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Remove chicken and mushrooms; reserve and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch with water in small bowl mixing well; add to liquid remaining in pan, stirring constantly until thickened; cook until mixture returns to a boil.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Combine chicken-mushroom mixture with sauce; serve over rice.
- Garnish with parsley and paprika.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.