This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Dubach Estate in Combine, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1 box frozen corn kernels cooked
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 whole chicken cut up into parts
- 1 cup canned enchilada sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 8 prepared corn tortillas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese grated
- In large bowl stir together corn kernels, diced tomato, scallions, jalapenos, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to make salsa.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken parts in large saucepan then cover with cold water.
- On top of stove bring chicken to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from heat then set aside to cool.
- Drain well and dice separating from bones.
- Place chicken on stove in medium saucepan.
- Add enchilada sauce and taco seasoning to pan.
- Cook over low heat stirring for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wrap tortillas together in foil then warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- To serve wrap tortillas in cloth napkin and place in basket.
- Place chicken mixture, salsa, sour cream and grated cheese in individual serving bowls.
- Assemble by topping tortillas as desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.