- 1 spring Chicken, cut into 2 large pieces
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- 1 cup whipped yoghurt(curd)
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp tomato sauce
- 2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 1/2 tsp tandoori masala powder
- oil/ghee(clarified butter) for brushing the bird
- Use a sharp knife to make slanting gashes on the Chicken on all sides. Place in mixing bowl to marinate the Chicken in the combined masala for about 4 hours.
- Prepare a baking dish and brush the bottom of the dish with a little oil.
- Carefully place the Chicken pieces in the center of the dish and brush with some ghee on top.
- Pour any remaining marinade into the dish and bake in a moderate oven at 375 deg F till the Chicken is done and becomes golden brown at the top.
- You might have to turn the Chicken over a couple of times to get a uniform browning effect. Serve garnished with coriander leaves and lemon wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.