Makes 6 servings.
- 12 pieces (about 2½ pounds) choice chicken pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup dry sherry
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Roll chicken in combined flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown in butter. Push chicken to one side.
- Add onion; cook until transparent.
- Stir in butter, onion, garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, chili sauce, broth and sherry. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 35 minutes.
- If desired, thicken sauce with 2 tablespoons flour blended with ¼ cup water.
- Serve chicken and sauce over fluffy rice.