- Ethnicity - Punjabi, North Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- red food coloring
- juice of lime
- 10 oz thick yoghurt
- salt to taste
- 1.5 lb chicken, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup water
- oil for cooking
- Grind the spices and mix with marinade ingredients.
- Immerse chicken in marinade and leave in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Heat oil in a frying pan until very hot.
- Stir fry chicken vigorously for about 5 mins.
- Remove chicken and keep warm.
- Fry onion and garlic until just browning and return chicken with any remaining marinade and water.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked and sauce is nice and thick.
- Instead of cooking the chiken in the fry pan as in step 3.
- This dish can also be done in a different fashion.
- The chicken can be grilled in a grill to get for 5 minutes and to finish the chicken off grill it on high to get the burnt marks.
- This dish is best served with naan, roti or rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.