- 2 chicken breast fillets
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 spring onions
- 1 red chile
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon five-spice powder
- 3 tablespoons plum sauce
- 4 slices white bread, thick slices, preferably a few days old
- 25 g sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, to shallow fry
- salad leaves, to serve
- Cut the chicken into small pieces, peel and chop the garlic, trim and finely chop the spring onions and deseed and finely chop the chilli.
- In a food processor, process the chicken, garlic, chile, egg, five spice powder a 1 tablespoon of the plum sauce until it has formed a coarse paste. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl and add the spring onions, stirring until they have been well-combined with the rest of the ingredients.
- Spread equal amounts of the chicken mixture over each slice of bread, sprinkle with sesame seeds and then press down gently with your fingers.
- Cut each bread slice diagonally into quarters.
- Heat the oil in a pan, preferably non-stick, until it is really hot, then add the toasts and shallow-fry them in batches for 5 minutes per batch, or until golden brown. Drain them on paper kitchen towels, brush with the remaining plum sauce and garnish with salad leaves.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.