Makes 6 servings
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (2½ to 3 pounds), cut up
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 ribs celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- ⅓ cup dry white vermouth
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked rice (cooked in chicken broth
- Sprinkle chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Place chicken, carrots, celery, onion, garlic, parsley and wine in 2-quart covered baking dish. Cover with double thickness of foil. Place baking dish lid over foil.
- Bake at 375°F for 1½ hours without removing cover. Stir in sour cream.
- Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.