Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Makes 8 servings
- olive oil cooking spray
- 2 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts, about 8 ounces (480 g) each,
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, about 4 ounces (240 g) each
- 8 small red potatoes, about 1 pound (960 g) total, scrubbed and quartered
- 8 ounces (480 g) fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 1 large onion, 8 ounces (480 g), thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 8 dried apricot halves
- 8 dried pitted prunes
- ½ tablespoon (7.5 ml) crushed dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 ml) crushed dried rosemary
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 small navel orange, washed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C), gas mark 5.
- Lightly coat a large baking pan with cooking spray.
- Rinse chicken pieces; remove and discard any visible fat.
- Pat chicken pieces dry with paper towels.
- Arrange chicken in the prepared pan and surround with potatoes and mushrooms.
- Scatter onion and garlic cover chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with thyme, rosemary, and pepper.
- Drizzle the olive oil over all.
- Arrange orange and lemon slices on top.
- Cover the pan tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 45 minutes, uncovering the pan during the last 5 minutes of baking time.
- Serve at once.
Nutritional information Edit
- 247 calories (18% calories from fat) | 27 g protein | 5 g total fat (1.0 g saturated fat) | 24 g carbohydrate | 3 g dietary fiber | 80 mg cholesterol | 92 mg sodium
- Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean protein (meat) | 1½ carbohydrate (1 bread/starch | ½ fruit)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.